A #ResistJam project
In this rouguelike boardgame concept, play as a migrant blob escaping violence and discrimination in Otherland. Upon arriving in Freeland, you find "the Resident" is making life miserable for everyone! Do good deeds, join marches and sign petitions - stay alive by eating mushrooms. Stand up to bully blobs and get the Resident Rump impeached!
Warning: This game is still in development.
The 4th Kingdom is essentially a Roguelike. Simply left-click on the board square you wish to move to.
To Win the game, impeach the Resident by gaining a score of 90 or over.
If you run out of health, or if your score drops to 0, you'll lose the game.
To look around at any time, left-click away from the board and drag the mouse.
Left-click on mushrooms to add them to your inventory; if your health drops below 50% you'll automatically eat from what you've collected.
Left-click on props, such as signs or portals, to investigate more closely. Left-click again to activate portals or to remove vandalism from signs. Right-click to return back to the board.
Landing on an Event Square will draw and display a card from the Event Deck - the effect of which may, for better or worse, alter your score or health values.
Landing on a square with another blob will (soon) draw and display a card from the Encounter Deck, which has similar properties to cards from the Event Deck.
- Mushroom shaders are broken under WebGL
- Mushrooms can be collected from any distance
- Encounter handling
- No exits back to board from buildings
- Placeholder text & programmer art
- Character selection
- Narrative characters: the Goons, the Henchmen and the Resident
- Narrative & cutscene integration
- Additional transportation means between caves (ferries)
- Board hazards (pools of water)
- Sign text
- Detail elements (debris, vegetation)
- Endless Cave Ambience
- Low Poly Series: Caverns
- Slime Pack
- Runes Builder
- Cartoon Stone Age Props
- Stone portal
- Glowing Stylized Mushroom